2003 Kia Rio. We have moved to the mountains and are getting a 4wd, so selling our beloved Kia Rio.
We had a new kind of weed popping up everywhere this year. (Spring 2009)
I couldn't tell what it was, but they started getting their second leaves, it became a little more clear...
I guess the tree seed pods only germinate in the perfect conditions that only happen once in many years, but the conditions were right this year.
The tree sprouts are EVERYWHERE! At least none of them attached directly to the roofing.
The leaves looked suspiciously like the trees in the yard. So I looked up
to see all the seed pods on the trees and also saw this... Well, not Chris. I sent him up there later.
Can you ID me please?
There is a crack in the pad poured for the portch, however, this doesn't attach directly to the house, so shouldn't be a problem.
The foundation is in fair condition for being as old as it is.
The mound of dirt to the right of the walkway was left by the city water. Of course they won't fix it, and we just have to wait a while for it to settle back into the ground.
The back yard as we first saw it.
The grass was completely dead by the time we purchased the house.
No water had really dried out the yard and the grass we fell in love with was just a mess of sticker brush.
The attic fan helps to cool the house in summer, but makes it sound like the house will shake apart or fly away any minute.
Shure would be nice to have a fold out to get up there, but there is at least a good amount of storage room when you can get to it.
'Eeeeeeewwww!' The first thing we did after puchasing the house was to get rid of the stove and refrigerator and rip out the kitchen flooring.
The stove was filled with bird-seed. To the curb it went with the refrigerator.
This is part of the little kitchen, but is where the washer/dryer and hot-water heater are placed. Who designed this house?!?
The whole house was acctually really 'Eeeeww.' We washed the entire thing, including walls and ceilings with bleach more than three times before we could touch anything without getting creeped-out.
After ripping out the lanolium (that had been placed down with roofing tar!) we cleaned it and leveled it as much as possible before placing in the new snap-lock laminate.
We ripped out these shelves completely since they blocked area for the stove and appliances.
It needs replaced, but it is in a bad sized area, so it will have to be fully moved to be replaced, which will cost a bundle.
New paint and flooring really made a big difference.
Our new Stove was free from Freecycle. It is a bit old, but in pristine condition since it was only used in a resort time-share, and I guess no one cooks while on vacation there.
While we still really want to completely replace the cabinets in the kitchen, a few coats of paint really make them better than they were.
We had to replace our washer and dryer with a stack unit to fit in the kitchen. Boy is the kitchen small!
Even after a dozen moppings with bleach, the floor still held stains. We will have to re-finish it someday.
It was a month before we 'moved in', but more than two months before we got the last of our furniture from storage.
New Paint really changed the look of the house into something nicer.
We did a two-tone double roll paint on the recomendation of a paint-guru friend of ours. It really hides the warbles and bumps in the walls and looks great.
Our pups were very happy to have a large back yard to run in, but they got stickers in their fur every day.
We desided to go with an oriental look, and made curtains to reflect this choice.