It has an interesting mechanism with a leather valve so that the top slowly closes and lowers the interior display.
After first rough sanding
I glued down the corner of the door veneer, but it stuck to the clamp. I later learned I should have put wax paper over it to keep it from sticking.
I re-glued the pieces of the door corner with wax paper. Also, I used wood filler on the corner that was all chipped up to fill in the gaps.
Other corners needed some glue as well.
High quality sand paper really is worth the extra cost. It lasts MUCH longer and is just better quality over all.
Cabinet is finished with the sanding and ready to stain.
I used a very light natural stain for most of the cabinet to keep the natural beauty of the wood showing.
I used darker for the top doors and the base edge of the cabinet.
Varnish for the cabinet and several coats for the top to make it as water resistant as possible.
I found out that you should ALWAYS use a paint strainer to strain out lumps and gunk from your varnish. I made a quick stand to hold the disposable paint filters.
A coat hanger in a drill makes a great varnish stir device.